I'm not sure how or why, but the artwork (posters, backgrounds, etc.) for many of my TV Shows in Plex was not showing up. It's been like this for a month or more, but it was only a few shows and I couldn't be bothered to figure it. Over the last week however, it became a problem that was quickly growing in scope. Today, at least half of my TV Shows had no art. Still functional, but quiet annoying.
I enabled debug logging and noticed some permission errors related to the Metadata cache. Hmmm... I don't know why that would be, but I wanted it fixed and couldn't bother with the why. Since I do not have a very large collection of goodies, I decided to stop the Plex server and just whack the TV Show related metadata.
That seemed to do the trick!
It's simple enough.
%USERPROFILE%/AppData/Local/Plex Media Server), but you may have moved it. If so, it can be found under
The path where local application data is stored.
Refresh All Metadataunder the ... options for your TV Shows library.